- Most women don’t notice the symptoms of heart disease until it’s too late. That’s why heart disease has been called the silent killer. But we won’t be silent. Yet, many of these deaths can be prevented.
- The American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women is the world’s largest network of women standing together to save women’s lives from heart disease. Millions of women have united to raise their voices about their No. 1 killer. With your help, many more lives can be saved.
- Our kids represent the greatest hope for a healthy future, and one of our greatest areas of need. Open Your Heart is an opportunity in the Go Red for Women Luncheon where you can make a donation to help our children and future generations.
- Over 36,000 babies born every year with a heart defect. More than 9 million kids overweight. 1 in every 4,000 infants has a stroke. These stats drive both our sense of urgency and our hope. With your help we can change these statistics.
- A donation to Open Your Heart at the event will directly fund the programs and research to make our kids' healthy future a reality. You may click on the pictures above to hear about how your donations make a difference. And please give as your heart guides you at the event or online.
Help us raise funds to support the American Heart Association’s fight against America’s no. 1 killer, heart disease, and no. 5 killer, stroke. Through this special appeal you help plan and execute a variety of events throughout the year through working with the committee. Sample events include fitness boot camps, wine events and fundraising at local businesses.